What’s New for Process Servers in 2019 Dinner Event – Hayward
Date(s) - 01/17/2019
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
The Hayward Ranch
Categories No Categories
Process Server Institute invites process servers, owners of attorney service agencies, private investigators, attorneys and staff to a PSI Dinner and Presentation about changes affecting process servers in 2019.
Please come and join in the discussion, introduce yourself to your competitors, and meet new business associates. Our dinners are always a learning experience and an invaluable marketing and networking opportunity, whether you are a process server or run a process serving or investigation business!
Following are other topics we will discuss.
- New Forms
- CALSPro legislative proposals for 2019
- Rules of Court Benefiting Efilers
- Rules of Court re Electronically filed Proofs of Service
- New Laws
- Exempting public utility employees from the Private Investigator Act
- Extends Child Support Service from Efiling mandates
- Amendment to Unlawful Detainer laws for responding a 3 Day Notice or Unlawful Detainer lawsuit – effective date deviation
- Expanding hours for service of an opposing pro se litigant with notice
- Notice of Deposition must be typed in a minimum sized font
- Unlawful use of badges is further expanded
- Electronic signatures under penalty of perjury
- Appellate decisions affecting process servers
- Dynamex decision changing the independent contractor classification
- Party may prevail on a motion to quash subpoena, even after the subpoena is withdrawn
- No constitutional exceptions for a corporation to resist a subpoena on 5th Amendment Grounds
- Conflicting statutory language for serving notice cannot be interpreted in a manner that creates an unreasonable and unintended result contrary to legislative intent
- + Any other topics that come up
- A special presentation about service by publication
1.5-Hours PSI Continuing Education Credit
Come and learn about the new changes. Bring your business cards, network, and expand your business contacts. Hurry because space is limited, and we sold out at some of our venues last year.
The dinner is $60.00 ($65.00 if paid less than 1 week before the event or at the door) and will include handouts, forms, discussion and presentation topics. Check, ATM, Credit Cards, PayPal, Cash OK.
Or, fill out the linked flyer, print it, and email or mail it to us with a check or credit card information.