What’s New for Process Servers in 2017 Dinner Presentation – San Mateo
Date(s) - 01/19/2017
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Categories No Categories
Process Server Institute invites process servers, owners of attorney service agencies, private investigators, attorneys and staff to a PSI Dinner and Presentation about changes affecting process servers in 2017.
Please come and join in the discussion, introduce yourself to your competitors, and meet new business associates. Our dinners are always a learning experience and an invaluable marketing and networking opportunity, whether you are a process server or run a process serving or investigation business!
Following are other topics we will discuss.
- Changes to Court Hours, Closures, Policies, E-filing, E-Service, etc.
- New Forms
- CALSPro legislative proposals for 2017
- New Laws and Rules Benefiting Efilers
- Secretary of State expands corporate information online that process servers should take advantage of
- Federal cases being filed against process servers for violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- New Laws
- Expanding gated community access to Investigators working for government
- Allows non-RPS to open and close a levy file
- Allows deponent to respond to SDT electronically with password or otherwise inaccessible access
- Adds ability to respond to search warrant using CCP §§ 1561; 1563
- Change for releasing deceased patient records
- Change benefiting Efilers
- Confidentiality of unlawful detainer filings
- Contra Costa Superior Court Rule Enforcing Change for efilings
- Prohibition of any hand use of cell phone while driving
- Notary public fee increase
- Sales tax decrease
- FTC security restrictions, audits, and fines for handling consumer collection documents
- Appellate decisions affecting process servers
- Authorization allowing courts and recorders to set copy fees to include “indirect costs”
- Defendant’s admission of service waives ability to challenge later discovered defect in service
+ Any other topics that come up
Plus- We have 2 speakers scheduled – a Sheriff and an Unlawful Detainer Attorney
1.5-Hours PSI Continuing Education Credit
Come and learn about the new changes. Bring your business cards, network, and expand your business contacts. Hurry because space is limited, and we sold out at some of our venues last year.
The dinner is $45.00 ($50.00 if paid less than 1 week before event or at the door) and will include handouts, forms, discussion and presentation topics. Check, ATM, Credit Cards, PayPal, Cash OK.
The dinner presentation is $45, or $50 if paid after January 12, 2017.