What’s New for Process Servers in 2018 Dinner Presentation – San Mateo
Date(s) - 01/18/2018
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Categories No Categories
Process Server Institute invites process servers, owners of attorney service agencies, private investigators, attorneys and staff to a PSI Dinner and Presentation about changes affecting process servers in 2018.
Please come and join in the discussion, introduce yourself to your competitors, and meet new business associates. Our dinners are always a learning experience and an invaluable marketing and networking opportunity, whether you are a process server or run a process serving or investigation business!
Following are other topics we will discuss.
- Changes to Court Hours, Closures, Policies, E-filing, E-Service, etc.
- New Forms
- CALSPro legislative proposals for 2018
- New Laws
- Substituted service allowed on the first attempt at a Commercial Mail Receiving Agency (CMRA)
- Expansion of e-service to probate, criminal, and juvenile cases
- Deems e-service complete before midnight on a court day
- Adds to the definition of a “Foreign Country” a federally recognized Indian nation, tribe, pueblo, band, or Alaskan Native village whose judgments may be domesticated as a sister-state judgment
- Building Homes and Jobs Act requires a $75 recording fee to be added, at the time of recording, any real estate instrument, paper, or notice,
- Appellate decisions affecting process servers
- Plate reader information is not exempt from disclosure under the “records of investigation” exemption
- False statements to unsophisticated debtor violates FDCPA
- Assignment, collecting debt on his own behalf, is not subject to the FDCPA
- Substantial compliance with provisions of service is sufficient to confer jurisdiction on the trial court when the process server fails to mark the capacity notice of a summons served on the one corporate defendant’s name in the lawsuit
- Return of service of a temporary restraining order, filed by court officer resulting in a conviction, was challenged by the defendant because the officer had died, but is upheld under Rule 803(8) allowing an admission or statement of a public officer
+ Any other topics that come up
1.5-Hours PSI Continuing Education Credit
Come and learn about the new changes. Bring your business cards, network, and expand your business contacts. Hurry because space is limited, and we sold out at some of our venues last year.
The dinner is $45.00 ($50.00 if paid less than 1 week before the event or at the door) and will include handouts, forms, discussion and presentation topics. Check, ATM, Credit Cards, PayPal, Cash OK.
The dinner presentation is $45, or $50 if paid after January 18, 2018.